Monday, November 5, 2012

Single vs. Taken



I am currently in a relationship. We've been dating for 6 months, but we've known each other for 11 years now. I'm head over heels about him. Before him and I starting dating I went on a TON of dates. Nothing ever seemed to work out. Too old. Too young. Too clingy. Too insecure. Too boring. Too attractive (yes that is a real problem). For the record dating is a full time job. I found all of these guys, on my own. I sought them out, they didn't find me. So when my guy showed up I was absolutely estatic. He's everything and more. So of course when we finally started calling each other boyfriend and girlfriend... all the guys started flocking.




So why is it that the second you become taken everyone wants you?

It's simple. Being in a relationship takes all the pressure off. You no longer have to worry about finding at date to functions or going solo to a bar or making sure you always look your absolute best. You don't have freak out about impressing people and you can just be yourself. When you're taken you exude confidence. And if it's a really fulfilling relationship then you also are gonna be happy and in a good mood most of the time. They come off more appealing than single people who can sometimes come off as too needy or even just sad.

Friends despite all the attention you get in a new relationship... don't be tempted. I'm totally against cheating and think it's the biggest and easiest way to ruin a relationship. To make an analogy because I love analogies... Trust is like a vase. It is fragile and when broken  it can be mended, but the pieces will never fit together like they once were. 

And on that note.
Let the trust be with you.

Peace and hippies.
xo K

No comments:

Post a Comment